Cooking is love made visible. Enjoy life, its delicious.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
TAIWAN SNACKS-POPCORN CHICKEN-台灣小吃-鹹酥雞
TAIWAN SNACKS-POPCORN CHICKEN
1 boneless chicken breast
Sweet potato powder (thick) 100g
FreshBasil( You can skip it if you want)
Grinded garlic 40g, soy sauce 1 big teaspoon, Chinese cooking wine 1 big teaspoon, sugar 1 teaspoon, sesame oil 1 teaspoon, salt 1 pinch, Chinese five spices powder ¼ teaspoon, white pepper 1 teaspoon, and cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon.
1. Cut the chicken breast into 2cm pieces. Marinating them with the “marinating ingredients” for 30 mins.
2. Coat the chicken breast with sweet potato powder
3. Fry them until it turns into gold colour (make sure the oil is hot enough. One way to test is to use a bamboo chopstick and put it in there. If it’s bubbling, it means it’s hot enough.)
4. Fry freshBasil for 10 seconds and mix it with the popcorn chicken.
5. Sprinkle white pepper and chilly powder on the fried popcorn chicken.
If you want really crunchy popcorn chicken, you can fry them again after taking them out of the pot for 1 min.