- 1 can chopped or whole tomatoes or tomatoes paste (150ml)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot (I used the dried fried ones)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, rinsed, scrubbed and beards removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or orengo
- Pinch sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¾ pound pasta
- ¼ dried parsley
- Cook pasta in boiled water until they are done. Rinse it with cold water.
- Heat a pan, add all the ingredients except mussels.
- When it starts to boil, put the mussels in. Cook until they open and add pasta