Thursday, October 21, 2010
Japanese Teriyaki Tofu-照燒豆腐
Tofu (firm) ,ginger 2pieces, corn starch, white sesame, Japanese Katsuobushi - Dried Bonito Flakes
Mirin 2 big spoon
Soy sauce 2 big spoon
Sugar1 big spoon
Water 1 big spoon
(you can adjust the flavor, according to your preference)
1.Sit tofu for 20-30 mins on a plate, and then drain the water that come from the tofu,.
Slice them into 1.5cm (thick) pieces
2. Chop ginger into small pieces
3. Coat tofu with corn starch (a thin layer)
4. Heat the pan and put 4-5 big teaspoon of oil, and fry the tofu until they turn into gold color. Then, take them out.
5. The same cooking pan, leave about 1 big teaspoon oil, put the ginger in
6. cook all the sauce ingredients
7. When it’s boiling, put the tofu in.
8. Cook them until the tofu have some color and the sauce becomes thicker
9. Serve with white sesame and Japanese Katsuobushi - Dried Bonito Flakes