3 ½ cups or 375g of all purpose flour
1 cup or 120g of whole wheat flour
(If you want to make it more healthy, you can do 50% of all purpose flour and 50% of whole wheat flour. )
2 (10g) teaspoons of sea salt
2 (6g) teaspoon of dry yeast
½ cup of warm water
¾ cups of milk, brought to a boil and cooled
3 (42g)tablespoons of melted butter
3 (37g) tablespoons of white sugar
1 egg room temperature
1 cup of raisins
2 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Mix all the dried ingredients from ingredients #1.
2. ¾ cups of milk, brought to a boil and add butter. Mix it well and let it cool down.
3. Mix step 1&2. Continue to add 1 egg.
4. Slowly add 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix them well until you don't see the flour anymore.
When you see that it's sticky, it means it's done.
5. Prepare a container. Place the dough in the container and cover the lid. Let it rise for 12-16 hrs.
(I normally do this process the night before I go to bed. )
6. Add raisins and cinnamon powder into the dough. Mix them together.
7. Spray some flour on the counter and pour the dough on the counter. (Remember to spray flour to prevent it from sticking.) Make it a round shape and let it sit for 15 mins.
8. Separate the dough into two. If you are using a regular loaf baking tray, apply butter inside the tray.
Place one dough into the tray and let it rise until it's double the size.
9. Since I don't have two loaf baking trays, I use my casserole baking pot. I let the other half of the dough rise in a round bowl until it's double the size. (The rising time is hard to control. It depends on the room temperature. I did mine for 2 hrs.)
10. Heat the oven with the casserole baking pot inside at 430F. When it's heated, pour the dough into casserole baking pot and cover the lid. The other one with loaf baking tray, cover a foil and put it in the oven directly.
11. Bake them for 30 mins.
12. Remove the lid of the casserole pot and the foil. Continue to bake them for another 15 mins.
13. Remove them from the baking trays. Let them cool down.
14. Cut them into thin slices. You can eat them with, butter, cream cheese, etc..