1. Marinate ribs with 4tbsp sauce for 2 hrs.
2. Clean the seeds of the bitter melon with a spoon. Make sure the white parts inside are cleaned. So it won’t be as bitter. Chop them into small pieces.
3. Heat the pan and add 1 tea spoon of extra virgin olive oil, fry the ribs until the both sides turn gold color.
4. Add bitter melon into the pan and continue to stir fry them together. Add water into the pan ( make sure the water covers the rib and bitter melon) Cook with high heat. When it’s bubbling, turn them to low heat. Cook until the sauces are almost gone.
5. Take them out and serve.
Bitter Melon Health Benefits
- Bitter melon is also found to be effective in treating skin diseases or skin infections, eczema, and even skin sores.
- Bitter melon has anti-viral properties and can be used for treating herpes virus.
- One of the other important bitter melon extract benefits is that it can also be used for treating psoriasis.
- It is also used as an purgative and anthelmintic if a person is suffering from jaundice, piles or indigestion. It is widely used for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bitter melon is most effective for its detoxifying and cleansing properties.
- Bitter melon helps in lowering blood pressure, blood sugar and also body temperature.
- It is believed that bitter melon extract can be used for treating HIV, although the theory is not proved yet. But it is found that bitter melon works against the negative reactions of HIV medications.
- It is even believed that bitter melon extract can be used against cancer, as it helps in improving cell function of people suffering from cancer.