Pearl Barley-2 cups
Jasmine white Rice-1cup
Chinese kale roots-1cup
Taiwanese cabbage-1 cup
Japanese Squash (Kabocha squash )-1cup
Fresh Corn-1 cup (It’s healthier than using a can of corn)
Extra virgin olive oil-1 teaspoon (using good oil to cook is good for you)
Soy sauce-1 big teaspoon
Black pepper-1 teaspoon
- Wash the rice and barley with cold water. Add 3 cups of water. (When the rice is done, let it cool down for 30 mins without the lid or you can leave it overnight in the refrigerator. By doing so, your fried rice will turn out better and it won’t be mushy)
- Wash and chop all the ingredients into small chunks.
- Crack 2 eggs and remove the egg white. Stir the egg yolks and pour into the rice. Stir them well. (By doing so, your fried rice can turn into nice looking gold color)
- Heat the pan and add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil into the pan. Cook onion first.
- When you can smell the onion, add Chinese kale roots and Japanese squash, fresh corn and cabbage.
- When they are all cooked, add the rice. Quickly stir them around.
- Add salt, soy sauce and black pepper.
Health Benefits of Barley:
- Barley is the richest source of fiber; also, protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids in barley is very good for general health.
- Tocotrienols- an oxidant in barley reduces the chance of heart disease and cholesterol problems.
- Barley improves blood sugar levels of those who are suffering from diabetes.
- Fiber in barley prevents the formation of gallstones in women.
- Helps to maintain a healthy intestine.
- Barley is also good to reduce the risk of developing diseases like- colon cancer, haemorrhoids, atherosclerosis, diabetes, insulin resistance and ischemic stroke.
- Barley is a rich source of phosphorous helps to which structure and repair body tissues.
· Other than those barley is good for controlling hypertension and works as an anti-aging food.
Health benefit of the ingredients:
-Kale is rich in vitamin A, C and minerals of selenium and has great health benefits of prevention against cancers and enhancement the immunity of human body.
-Japanese squash is rich in beta carotene, with iron, vitamin C, potassium, and smaller traces of calcium, folic acid and minute amounts of B vitamins. Very low calories as well.
-Onion benefits are:Blood Sugar Lowering Effects,Support Gastrointestinal Health, Cholera,Hair loss,Good for Skin,Boost Bone Health,Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Bacterial Activity, Tooth Disorders,Boost Sexual Drive,Treating Urinary Disorders,Prevents Blood Clot.
-Fresh Corn is a good source of fiber. One cup of corn provides 18.4% of the daily recommendation of fiber. Its high fiber content is one of the biggest benefits of corn. Fiber has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and help reduce the risk of colon cancer. Fiber is also useful in helping to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics.