Stew Beef AAA-500g ( Make sure it's AAA, so that the meat will be more tender)
Carrot-1 (You can use red or white. I like to eat white carrots more than the red ones. So I chose to use the white one)
Green onion: 1 long one ( Chooped)
Chinese cooking wine (rice wine)-1 bowl
Chinese Bean sauce-1 big tea spoon. (I want to eat spicy, so I chose the chili bean sauce. If you don't eat spicy, you can choose regular bean sauce)
Crystal sugar- 2 teaspoons
Soy sauce-1 bowl
Spice pouch-1 ( I used the one imported from Taiwan. The main herbal ingredients are anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, basil, bay leaves)
Water- Enough to cover the beef.
1. Chop beef into pieces. Place them in a big pot and add water. Boil them until they are cooked.
2. Take them out, and rinse with cold water. ( this can add to the tenderness of the meat)
3.Heat the pan and add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil. Cook ginger, green onion and garlic until you can smell them.
4. Add beef to the pan. stir them a bit.
5. Add soy sauce, chili bean sauce. Continue to cook for 1 min.
6. Add tomato. and the rest of the ingredients, except white carrot.
7. Add water. 8. Cook it with high heat. When it starts to bubble, turn to low heat. and cook it for 1 hr.
8. add white carrot and cook it for 30 mins. (cook it with high heat until it bubbles, then turn to low heat)
9. Chop some green onions and chili pepper (optional). Add them on top of your soup.
10. Serve ( you can eat it with noodles or rice)
Noodles: I used dry noodles for this dish. You can use Udon or any other type of noodles you like.
1. Boil water
2. Add the dry noodles in to the pot. Cook it for 8 mins. ( you can try one to see if it's soft enough)
3. Rinse the noodles with cold water. It will make the noodles more chewy.
Taiwanese Spice Pouch
Chili bean sauce