Red Dates-12 pcs
Normally after I buy the green onions, I wash and chop them into chunks. Store them in the freezer. Whenever I need them, I just take them out.
Rice Wine-2 big teaspoons
1. Soak the barley overnight
2.Chop the green onion into chunks
3.Wash red dates
4. Peel the skin of the lotus roots and wash them. Chop them into thin slices.
7. Add pork bones, barely, red dates and lotus roots.
8. Cook them with high heat until they start to bubble. Turn to medium low heat. Cover the lid and cook for 1 hr or until the pork bones are soft.
*Benefits of this soup:
1. Red dates help to strengthen the functions of heart and lung, as well as nourish the stomach and spleen.
2. Lotus root is a good source of dietary fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese, and a very good source of vitamin C.
3. Barely helps you maintain your overall health in the long term. These whole grains are rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids essential for our health. More importantly, barley is one of the richest sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber.