Beef Bone-4 big piecesChicken Bones, chicken legs or drumsticks-4 pieces (Chicken bones give a sweet flavour.)
Beef Shank-1 (optional, if you want to eat the beef)
Sliced beef-1 box (add when serving)
Star herb- 6 pcs
Onions-2 medium size
Chicken stock powder-2 big teaspoons
Bean sprout-1 cup
Fresh basil-optional (add it to the bowl when serving)
1.Cook all the meat in boiling water. When they change colour, take them out and rinse with water. (Cleaning process)
2.Boil another pot of water and put all the ingredients in there. (Beef bones, beef shank, chicken, ginger, star, cloves and onions.) Cook them on high heat first. When bubbling, turn to low heat and cook for 2-3 hrs. (The longer you cook, the better the flavour. I cooked mine for 4 hrs and it tastes great!)
3. Add salt and 2 big teaspoons of Chicken stock powder. (Amount of salt, depends on your taste.)
3. Cook Vietnamese rice noodles (Banh Pho) in hot water. If you want them to be more tender, you can take them out and rinse with warm water when it's cooked.
4. Prepare a bowl and add the noodles first and put some onion slices in there.
5. Add the soup and place a few slices of beef on top.
6. Serve. (When serving, add the bean spout and chili)
Onions, Gingers, Star herb, Cloves
Chicken and Beef bones
Vietnamese rice noodles