Curry powder -2 and half teaspoons
Ground cumin -half teaspoon
Coriander Powder- half teaspoon, optional you can use Chinese fresh parsely. 2-3 fresh ones.
Turmerig- 1 teaspoon
Chilli Powder -half teaspoon
Fried dried onions- half cup or 3/4 cup
Tomato-2 red ones (chop them in to small chunks)
Plain yogurt-1 small container
Beef-2lbs (shin shank )
1. Mix all powder ingredients with 1 cup of water.
2. Heat the pan and add 1tsp of E.V.O.O. and cook tomatos for 1-2 mins. Add the powder ingredients into the pan. Continue to add dried onion and the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add beef, turn the heat to medium low. Cook 5-10 mins and keep on stirring them around)
4. Add salt (1 and half tsp.)
5. Cook beef for 20 mins. Then, add Yougurt.
6. Continue to cook beef for another 25 mins.
7. While cooking beef, wash and chop the potatos. Heat oil in a pot with high heat. Use a bamboo chop stick to check if the temperture is high enough. (If the bamboo bubbles when you put it in there.)
8.Turn the heat to medium, fry potatos for 10 mins or until they are soft. Before take them out, turn the heat back to high. (Use a fork to poke the potatos to see if it's soft.)
9. At the end mix the potatos with beef curry.
10. Let it sit overnight. (There will be more flavour.)
11. Before serving re-heat them again.
Turmerig & Cardamom
Bay leaves & Fried dried onions
After frying the potatoes, place them on paper towels to extract the oil.
Naan from Costco. Very yummy!